CALL for Entries: NoBo Art District Members – Winter Shows
- Submission Deadline: January 19, 2018
- Reception: First Friday, February 2, 2018
- Locations: First Congregational Church AND First United Methodist Church in downtown Boulder
The NoBo Art District will host 2 Winter Shows at 2 NoBo venues beginning in February 2018. These are inclusive, non-juried shows open to members of the NoBo Art District and includes both 2-D and 3-D work. Artists will be placed on a first – come – first – served basis, as space allows. Several performances and events are scheduled to feature NoBo Art District Visual Artists, Theater and Spoken Word performances, Music, Dance and artist talks during these exhibits. The shows will run for 8 – 12 weeks with an opening reception at First Congregational Church on First Friday, February 2, 2018. The reception date at First United Methodist is TBD. There is no fee to participate.
The Winter Shows are open to members of the NoBo Art District in good standing, (up to date on your dues). Participants are expected to contribute in some way; hosting, gallery sitting, PR, providing food, help with art drop-off and pick-up, etc.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
One piece per artist. 2-D or 3-D work (wall art is limited to a maximum width of 36”). Please let us know if you are interested in participating by January 19, 2018 via email at: NoBoArtMembership@gmail.com. Include in your reply:
- Name, phone, email
- Medium and 2-D (max width 36”) or 3-D
- Dimensions of work submitted
- Installation needs, (wall, pedestal, floor, ceiling).
- Volunteer preference: host, gallery-sit…
- January 19, 2018 – DEADLINE Confirm Participation
- Tuesday, January 30, 2018 – Art Drop off at First Congregational Church
- Tuesday, February 13, 2018 – Art Drop off at First United Methodist Church
- February 2, First Friday, 6:00 – 9:00 pm – Opening Reception at First Congregational Church
- Reception at First United Methodist Church – Date TBD
- April 2 – End of Show at First Congregational – Art Pick-up TBD
- May 1 – End of Show at First United Methodist – Art Pick-up TBD
One piece per person not to exceed 36” in width for wall art. We have shared wall space, display case space and pedestals. Every effort will be made to include all work submitted, as space allows.
ALL sales are handled directly by the artists. The NoBo Art District and venues take no sales commission. The NoBo Art District will very gratefully accept any donations offered to help defray exhibit costs.
A NoBo Art District committee will handle installation. All wall work must be wired to work with the hanging system, NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS ALLOWED. We have several pedestals of various sizes if needed for 3-D work.
Please feel free to contact us with questions: NoBoArtMembership@gmail.com
PLAN FOR THE FUTURE:
The NoBo Art District will curate group exhibits to be in place during Boulder Arts Week (March 30 – April 7, 2018) in several of our venues. Each exhibit will be curated around a different theme. Please pay close attention to upcoming NoBo ezines for themes and more information.