The Mission of the NoBo Art District is to enrich and advance the arts in Boulder through educational activities and engagement that promote the role of artists and creatives in our community.
Membership is open to all – individuals, artists, creative businesses and patrons of the arts. Our signature event, NoBo First Friday Artwalk takes place in many locations around North Boulder and beyond. The NoBo Art District supports all forms of creative expressions and the collective effort to connect with and build community. New and returning members are welcome!
Who we are:
The NoBo Art District is an inclusive, grassroots, community-focused organization dedicated to promoting artists and creative businesses located along Broadway and the adjoining neighborhoods in north Boulder, Colorado. The NoBo area is characterized by upscale, mixed-use new urbanism, high-end restaurants and shops, and a mix of funky, artist-friendly warehouses. The NoBo Art District creates opportunities for artists to connect with each other and the broader community promoting engagement through art, education and events. To read about the history of NoBo Art District and its founders please visit our FAQS page.
What we do:
- Create a dynamic and supportive environment for Boulder’s artists by sponsoring First Friday events, hosting open meetings and connecting with artists outside our area.
- Fulfill the need for a sense of community, and connection by hosting art projects like the PLACE Project, NoBo Little Libraries and the Piano Project in our neighborhoods.
- Initiate a public arts program through place-making and public engagement, creating a vital street-scape enlivened by sculpture, lighting and other art installations.
Thanks to the generous funding from our Sponsors. Our projects are funded (or funded in part) by grants and support from the Boulder Arts Commission and the Boulder County Arts Alliance.
2017 What a Year!
We gratefully thank you for your past commitments of time, energy, and financial support. The NoBo Art District is an inclusive, grass-roots, community-focused arts organization whose Mission is to:
“Enrich and advance the arts in Boulder through educational activities and engagement that promote the role of artists and creatives in our community”.
Just a few of the goals we accomplished this year include:
- IT”S OFFICIAL! The NoBo Art District received official creative district designation from the City of Boulder!
- Received one of 10 Operational Grants from the City of Boulder Office of Arts and Culture.
- Received a Boulder County Arts Alliance project grant to expand and improve signage for our art district.
- Organized dozens of events and exhibits including the 7th Annual NoBo Group Show, “Looking for Common Ground” and our long-running event the NoBo First Friday Artwalk.
- Received 501(c)(3) IRS Determination, 100% of your donation is tax deductible!
Just wait until you see what we have planned for 2018
You helped make this happen! THANK YOU!
The NoBo Art District Board
Board of Directors
Lisa Nesmith, President
Suzanne Jotblad, Treasurer
Barbara Yates Beasley, Secretary
Tiffany Crowder, Board Member
Karen Dombrowski-Sobel, Board Member
Mike Hamers, Board Member
Merlyn Holmes, Board Member
Paul Morrison, Board Member
Jerry Shapins, Board Member