The Mission of the NoBo Art District is to enrich and advance the arts in Boulder through educational activities and engagement that promote the role of artists and creatives in our community.
Membership is open to all – individuals, artists, creative businesses and patrons of the arts. Our signature event, NoBo First Friday Artwalk takes place in many locations around North Boulder and beyond. The NoBo Art District supports all forms of creative expressions and the collective effort to connect with and build community. New and returning members are welcome!
Who we are:
The NoBo Art District is an inclusive, grassroots, community-focused organization dedicated to promoting artists and creative businesses located along Broadway and the adjoining neighborhoods in north Boulder, Colorado. The NoBo area is characterized by upscale, mixed-use new urbanism, high-end restaurants and shops, and a mix of funky, artist-friendly warehouses. The NoBo Art District creates opportunities for artists to connect with each other and the broader community promoting engagement through art, education and events. To read about the history of NoBo Art District and its founders please visit our FAQS page.
What we do:
- Create a dynamic and supportive environment for Boulder’s artists by sponsoring First Friday events, hosting open meetings and connecting with artists outside our area.
- Fulfill the need for a sense of community, and connection by hosting art projects like the PLACE Project, NoBo Little Libraries and the Piano Project in our neighborhoods.
- Initiate a public arts program through place-making and public engagement, creating a vital street-scape enlivened by sculpture, lighting and other art installations.
Thanks to the generous funding from our Sponsors. Our projects are funded (or funded in part) by grants and support from the Boulder Arts Commission and the Boulder County Arts Alliance.
Words Describing North Boulder from Community Members:
Alive • First Friday Art • active • bikers • artists’ haven • gritty • excitement • beautiful, radiant, dramatic light • innovative • creative spirit • casual atmosphere • cauldron of opportunities • community • contemporary • crossroads • contrasts in new and old • urban • off beat • potential • developing open opportunities • scrappy • vintage • good restaurants • inclusive • individualistic • inviting • less crowded • unique to our city • multi-dimensional • old, but so NEW! • new restaurants, shops • old strip mall • quirky • really needs some public ART!
What a Journey!
We gratefully thank you for your past commitments of time, energy, and financial support. The NoBo Art District is an inclusive, grass-roots, community-focused arts organization whose Mission is to:
“Enrich and advance the arts in Boulder through educational activities and engagement that promote the role of artists and creatives in our community”.
A few highlights from this past year:
- Despite the pandemic closures we organized virtual and socially distanced exhibits and events including our signature event NoBo First Friday that showcases local artists of all genre and businesses in and around Boulder
- Public Art: We brought new murals to the Emerald Mural Fence located at 4949 Broadway.
- Opened the doors of our new artistic community space the NoBo Art Center located at 4929 Broadway #E
- Opened the doors of 2 new gallery spaces at the Bus Stop Apartments located at 4895 Broadway
- What a year! We value your involvement with NoBo and ask that you show your support for the NoBo Art District with a monetary donation. Please help our growing 501(c)(3) non-profit organization continue its mission in our community. No amount is too small! Please make your tax-deductible donation today via credit card or PayPal using this link to our website: NoBoArtDistrict.org
The NoBo Art District is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, so all donations are 100% tax deductible (Tax ID #46-3239346).
We thank you in advance! The NoBo Art District Board:
Lisa Nesmith, President • Christopher Warren, Vice President • Robert Cavalier, Treasurer • Jeffrey Hiller, Secretary • Leah Brenner Clack • Michael Deragisch • Karen Lester
Our Non-discrimination Policy
NoBo shall make its services, facilities, and programs available to all persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender, age or sexual orientation. NoBo shall not discriminate in any way against any person on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender, age or sexual orientation. The NoBo Art District is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all its members, and is committed to a policy against discrimination in programming or employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability. The facilities and/or services of the NoBo Art District may be denied to suppliers or employers whose behavior contradicts the above policies.
The NoBo Art District requires all partners to affirm the following statement to confirm compliance with the nondiscrimination policy detailed above: “This partner gives assurance that it is an equal-opportunity entity, offering programming or employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability.