2016 What a Year!
We gratefully thank you for your past commitments of time, energy, and financial support. The NoBo Art District is an inclusive, grass-roots, community-focused arts organization whose Mission is to:
“Enrich and advance the arts in Boulder through educational activities and engagement that promote the role of artists and creatives in our community”.
Just a few of the goals we accomplished this year include:
- Received one of 10 Operational Grants from the City of Boulder Office of Arts and Culture.
- Launched a new website promoting our members and activities, NoBoArtDistrict.org
- Created and distributed 500 NoBo Artist Calendars, a promotional piece publicizing the NoBo Art District and our artists.
- Sponsored and hosted the Sketchbook Project, a Brooklyn-based traveling collection of sketchbooks from around the world.
- Installed the Piano Project, a public art installation of an artist embellished piano.
- Organized dozens of free public events and exhibits including the 6th Annual NoBo Group Show, the Boulder Arts Week Spoken Word Collaboration, NoBo Holiday Market, and our signature event the NoBo First Friday Artwalk.
Just wait until you see what we have planned for 2017!
You helped make this happen! THANK YOU!
The NoBo Art District Board
Who we are:
The NoBo Art District is a grassroots, artist-run organization dedicated to promoting the 200+ artists and creative businesses located along Broadway and the adjoining neighborhoods in north Boulder, Colorado. Characterized by upscale, mixed-use new urbanism, high-end restaurants and shops, and a mix of funky, artist-friendly warehouses. The NoBo Art District creates opportunities for artists to connect with each other and the broader community promoting engagement through art, education and events. To read about the history of NoBo Art District and its founders please visit our FAQS page.
What we do:
- Create a dynamic and supportive environment for Boulder’s artists by sponsoring First Friday events, host open meetings and connect with artists outside our area.
- Fulfill the need for a sense of community, and connection by hosting art projects like the PLACE Project and NoBo Little Libraries in our neighborhoods.
- Initiate a public arts program through place-making and public engagement, creating a vital street-scape enlivened by sculpture, lighting and other art installations.
Thanks to generous funding this year and next, countless NoBo Little Library users will enjoy books, art and community connection and our Seniors & Families will experience PaintAbout workshops during First Fridays. These projects are funded (or funded in part) by grants and support from the Boulder Arts Commission, an agency of the Boulder City Council and the Boulder County Arts Alliance, our fiscal sponsor.
Email us: NoBoArtDistrict@gmail.com
NoBo Office Hours
Got questions, suggestions, ideas to discuss? Want to talk with a real person… in person?
NoBo Art District Office Hours: Tuesdays 2:30-4:30 pm
4939 Broadway #57 (in the Hoi Polloi Workshop) 303-523-1117
The Mission of the NoBo Art District is to enrich and advance the arts in Boulder through educational activities and engagement that promote the role of artists and creatives in our community.
Membership is open to all – individuals, artists, creative businesses and patrons. Our signature event, NoBo First Friday Artwalk takes place in many locations around North Boulder and beyond. The NoBo Art District supports all forms of art and the collective effort to connect with and create community. New and returning members are welcome!
Board of Directors
Lisa Nesmith, President
Suzanne Jotblad, Treasurer
Barbara Yates Beasley, Secretary
Jerry Shapins, Board Member
Marco Montanari, Board Member
Paul Morrison, Board Member
Cynthia Mueller, Board Member